Secure Technology Asset Disposal - That shiny new system is now installed, but what happened to the old one?
In this episode of Buying Tech we talk about the safe disposal and risk management of your surplus or old technology assets including servers, storage, PCs, printers, routers, media and cell phones.
Think you are disposing of your old tech properly and minimising risk?
Listen and see!
We will cover risk identification and mitigation including:
- Identifying potentially risky assets
- How your contracts may create a corporate liability upon certain asset disposal
- Chain of custody
- Secure wiping for various media types
- Environmental concerns including minimising additions to landfill and unnecessary resource consumption.
- Asset sales and making money from the grey market.
We also discuss key risks and issues to consider: how to protect key company and customer data, and how to minimise environmental impact.
So do your company, your clients and the environment a favor and see how well you do!
In addition we cover two Cloud related questions that follow on from Episode 1: methods to determine what to move to the cloud, and ponder the future of cloud.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://www.buyingtech.net
Commonwealth Bank and the Cloud