In this episode of BuyingTech we go deeper into Category Management with some common tools and techniques that can help you develop a strategy.
We use servers as an example and look at some of the aspects of the server industry you should consider, and how you can use them to work out how best to approach the market.
Discussion points include practical approaches looking at:
- Recap - what are servers?
- Two common server architectures and how they require very different approaches - x86 vs SPARC
- Other related purchases such as hardware support, administration and operating system suppoer
- Stakeholder interviews, alignment and management
- Past and expected future server spend analysis
- Contracts and addressable spend
- Understanding the server industry and it's trends
- Supplier and customer positioning
- News - the latest huge data breach - it's a big one and this data matters! [ Future tech review coming in episode 6 as a result]
Download or subscribe to this show at https://www.buyingtech.net